Saturday, January 29, 2011

Calvin's Baby Blessing

In December I remember sitting in Fast and Testimony meeting (this was the only day that I went to church in like 6 weeks due to being on bed rest) thinking that in one month I could possibly be blessing my own child. I was excited to realize that in fact in January we would be blessing our son.
*
My parents were able to come for Calvin's special day since it was Christmas break for them. It is always such a huge help when Mom comes to help out with the baby. I was so excited that my Dad could come also.
*
Since Calvin was wearing preemie size clothing I checked everywhere for an outfit for him to wear on his special day. I went to Fred Meyer, Target, Walmart, Babies R Us and online and could not find anything. My Mom went to Carter's Clothing store and could not find anything that did not have a puppy on it. I was getting frustrated because it was really important to me for him to wear church clothes. After my many hours of searching I received some clothes in the mail from my dear friend Kelly and lo and behold was his outfit. It was PERFECT!
*
January 2 was the day. Church started at 8:30 am so we rushed to get out the door and to church on time. My parents came along with Jared and his family and Heather and her family. After we sat down in the pews and Jared came in with Blake it was so funny to see that Blake was wearing the exact same outfit as Calvin was. Danielle told me that Blake was blessed in it also.
(My Dad holding the twins. :) Calvin and Blake)
*
The blessing was beautiful. Mitchell was able to do the blessing and Bishop Carbine, Brother Templeton (Counselor in Bishopric), Brother Caldwell (Counselor in Bishopric), my Dad, Jared, Paul and our friend Scott Nielsen. Scott was the Young Mens President while Mitchell was the Priest Quorum advisor and they became great friends. Scott invited Mitchell to stand in the circle while his son Landon was blessed so Mitchell returned the favor. After the blessing I went up and bore my testimony.
*
Sister Shurts came up to me afterward and handed me two pieces of paper. She told me that she and her daughter tried to write what the could of his blessing and handed it to me. That was so thoughtful of them and I really appreciated it.
*
After church we came back to our home and ate BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, chips and salad. It is always wonderful when the family can get together. My Mom also took some family pictures of us. Thank you to everyone who made his day so special!
Our Family
Our Children
Our SON!

1 comment:

Eric, Kelly, Tyler, Xander, and Liam said...

What a wonderful Blessing day! I am so glad that you got the clothes on time. I saw Blake in the same outfit when we saw Jared and I was hoping that you guys would get a pic of both babies in the outfits.