Saturday, January 29, 2011

Calvin's Baby Shower

Boy have we ever felt loved lately. We received so many gifts from friends and family since Calvin has been born. It has been heaven sent since we have never owned anything blue and we gave away all of our baby stuff after Hailey was three or so. Since Calvin was born the only big purchase that we have had to buy was the play pen and we did not even have to buy that. We were offered a crib and decided that I wanted a playpen instead since it is easier to move and haul around.
*
Heather, Rebekah and Danielle threw me a fantastic baby shower. It was a lot of fun having Calvin at the shower. He was the star of the night and all of the ladies loved holding him and passing him around. Kris Carbine was nice enough to let us invade her home and have the shower there.
I was shocked at the turnout. I had 23 women come! It was a lot of fun when Danielle asked the women to share some advice on having a boy. Some of the advice was that boys are easier then girls, invest in a pee pee tee pee, that boys have their own language and boys love their mothers. Some of the things the women said were hilarious. We had a great time.
We received so many fun outfits, blankets, diapers, wet wipes and toys. I think the most hilarious thing that I received was from my good friend Trisha Jennings. When I saw the onesie at first I wanted to hide it. I burst out laughing and then crying I was laughing so hard. Everyone wanted to know what it was so I showed it to them. The onesie said Boob Man. When I brought it home Mitchell had a good laugh.
One of the young women knitted Calvin this adorable hat.
I have wonderful friends, Sister's and Sisters in Laws. It was a great night and thanks again Heather, Danielle and Rebekah.

No comments: