Thursday, June 7, 2012

April 2012

Spring Break

I decided that since Mitchell was working during the kids spring break that I would take the girls to the coast and we would have some fun.  We stayed in a hotel with an indoor pool and so we hung out at the pool pretty much the whole time. 
This was Calvin's first time in a pool and at first he hated it but then he really began to have a lot of fun.  He loved to put his face into the water.
Ashley, Hailey and Lindsay enjoyed playing fun games and had fun looking around the pool with the goggles on. 

The weather was really bad and I believe it started hailing a little bit while we were at the pool so we did not go to the beach.


Lindsay's A Teenager!

Lindsay decided to take a couple of her friends to Stub Stewart and spend the night in one of their cabins.  When the day came one of her friends became sick and the other friend had a family emergency so they could not make it but Kiley Frame was able to go.  I brought Calvin along. 
 The cabin was great and the beds were pretty comfortable.  We made smores and roasted starbursts, Lindsay's new favorite thing to roast over the fire, and also put some peeps in to see how they would roast. 

Lindsay and Kiley had fun eating the sour WarHeads candy and they had contests with each other to see who could keep a straight face.  They did pretty good.
 The next morning we went on a small hike.  For some reason I always wear the wrong hiking shoes so I slipped quite a few times but that did not stop us.  While we were hiking Lindsay decided to take some pictures for a photo contest that she was doing at school.  She did not win, but I still love how her picture turned out.  She is a great photographer.
 While on our walk we heard something in the bushes and I stopped the girls.  I noticed two small, about a foot tall, black creatures in the bushes and they were about 40 feet away from us.  I was holding Calvin at the time and I told the girls, "RUN."  We ran so fast and did not look back.  Kiley stopped us and said that she wanted to go back to see what it was that we saw.  I told her no, of course so we went back to our cabin to clean up. 

While we were leaving a park ranger came to talk to us and I told him about the two black things that I thought might be wolves or something.  I described them to him and he is pretty positive that we saw two baby cubs.  I am so glad that we ran because who knows where the momma was at.  It made for a pretty fun adventure.

Lindsay is an amazing daughter and is so full of life.  She loves to help out with the baby and is our go to girl.  For the past year she has mowed for an elderly couple here in the park that can not mow themselves and she is saving up her money to buy a horse.  She loves babysitting and does a great job at that also.  I can not belive how much she has grown.

Lindsay planted my garden for her Faith Project.  I was so relieved when she asked to do it since the weeds were so high and I was too lazy to get out there and clean it all up.  She did a great job and we were able to plant 8 tomato plants, two peppers, three cucumbers, corn, chives, beans, peas and carrots.  It should be fun once we get to eat the fruits of her labor.






Boxes


With Mitchell's job, being a contractor, at times he brings home a lot of left over boxes.  Hailey wanted to play in them so we brought them in the house.  Calvin and Hailey played for about an hour and had so much fun. 

 District Science Fair


This year Ashley was choosen from her class to go to Districts at the Science Fair.  Her teacher, Ms. Hedberg-Duff really enjoyed her Science Project and she could tell that a lot of time was put into it. 
She went with Mitchell to an interesection and watch each cars as they came to a stop at the stop sign.  She then marked whether the driver was male or female and if they came to a complete stop or not.  She found that more females came to a complete stop.  She was shocked by the amount of people that did not stop at all.  

No comments: