Last night I got a phone call from someone in our Bishopric asking my husband and I to come into church early today so he could meet with us. This only meant one thing, that I was getting a new calling to serve elsewhere in our ward. This morning I found out that I will be serving back in Primary as the First Counselor. We have approximately 140 kids that actively come each week so I am going to be busy. I am going to be following in some wonderful footsteps though of my great friend Kim who will be moving in August. I will truly miss her but am excited for her new adventures in life. She gets to train me so I do not feel overwhelmed.
After I was set apart after church we were walking to the car and Ashley asked me if I was bad in Young Womens. I did not know what she was talking about so she said, "were you expelled." I assured her that I was not expelled and I was not bad and then told her about the numerous amount of callings that you can receive and will receive throughout your life. It was pretty funny.
I am going to miss the wonderful leaders that I have had the privledge of serving with. They are each so dedicated and love each and every one of the girls that are in our ward and I have grown to love each of them.
So, I am on to another chapter in my life where I will learn new things, meet new people, and grow in ways that I have yet to imagine.
2 comments:
That is awesome Janessa - you will be such a great leader for all those kids - Now you can keep a close eye on your children and what they are doing in Primary. Maybe you will be back in Young Women's after your girls are in - that would be such a fun way to spend quality time with your girls:)
We are totally going to miss you--especially me--as you remember seconds before you were released you were helping me. I'm really excited for your change though just because of the whole Tuesday night thing. When my back gets better we'll have to make sure to work out together more.
Post a Comment