Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sizzling In California

Grandparents, Cousins and Swimming
My mom has a closet with fun toys for the grandkids to play with. My kids love the blocks the best. They had a fun time working together on this tower.
My Bathing Beauties!
My brother Mark came to visit us. He is always a lot of fun. He helped Mitchell put in new french doors in my parents living room. They look great, so far, they will finish them tomorrow.

We met our nephew, Tanner, for the first time. He is the calmest child I have ever met and is such a cutie.
Swimming in Uncle Ryan and Aunt Pams pool.

FATHERS DAY
Mitchell and I had the privledge to speak in my parents branch today, on Fathers. Mitchell spoke about his Fathers that have been an influence on his life, his Great Great Grandfather, his Great Grandfather, his Grandfathers, his father and my father. He is such an excellent speaker, I spoke about the role of a father in the home. I read a statistic that fathers are such a vital part to a childs rearing but a child, on average, only interacts with their father for 2 minutes a day! That is crazy. I am glad that my husband is very active in my children's lives.

My father is such a great example to me. When we were younger he would make sure that he spent quality alone time with us. We had personal interviews with him so that he could find out where we were personally, spiritually, and emotionally. I always looked forward to that special time with him.

Mitchell shared a story in his talk today about when he went to ask my dad if he could marry me. My dad was not concerned about Mitchell's job, or where he lived, he wanted to make sure that Mitchell was going to spiritually be there for the family. That he understood the importance of holding the priesthood, the importance of going to the temple on a regular basis, that he understood that scripture study and praying together is such a vital part of a successful marriage. That is a great father!
When I was looking for a husband, I wanted him to have all of the same qualaties that my father had. I was lucky enough to find someone who did, plus some. I am so thankful for Mitchell. He is so loving and so much fun. He works so hard to provide for our family and never complains about it. I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful person.

2 comments:

Chris Grover said...

this was so sweet to read! sounds like you've been blessed with some pretty awesome dad influences! i can't believe how different mark looks! guess he's not the 7th grader i remember! haa! hope you had a great time in cali!

Patty said...

Your talks were wonderful. I am amazed that you and Mitchell's idea of a vacation is helping your parent's fix up their homes. Thanks for all of your help. I'm looking forward to your blog on your in-laws home, it will be amazing!