We had such a memorable trip to California in which we accomplished so many things. The one thing that the girls wanted to do was go to Pismo Beach. My parents bought boogie boards for the girls to play on. I was really worried about them trying it out, but they had a great time. Lindsay became a pro withing minutes of her dad teaching her. Ashley had fun but would rather play in the sand. Hailey and I stayed out in the water and we ran from each wave that came our way.
Back at my parents home we took on some fun projects. We took down, sanded and stained their kithcen and bathroom cabinets. My brother and Mitchell put up french doors, Mitchell fixed a light and repaired a broken sink. In the mean time the girls had fun playing outside on the slip-n-slide, at the local YMCA and watched far too many movies.
At Mitchell's parents home we also took on some projects. They had their home on the market for 2 months without an offer so their realtor suggested having an open house. Mitchell and I gave a few suggestions on how to stage the home then went to work. We installed cornices in the living and dining rooms which he made by hand!!!!!, painted the living room and dining room a beige color (or so I thought, it ended up having a yellow tint to it, but is still pretty.), bought some plants for the front yard and entrance to the home, painted the library sage green (this was the game room but we made better use out of it and now it has a purpose for everyone as a library) and other odds and ends.
Dining room, the cornices were gorgeous.
Front entrance atriumI then tried my hand at arranging flowers for the open house. My mother in law and grandma had faith in me so I knew I could do it and they turned out better than I thought.
These flowers were the same ones that were in my wedding bouquet.
Beautiful purple roses.During the open house we went to my brother in laws for swimming, relaxing, great conversation, picture taking, and a bbq.
Within 20 minutes we got the call from the agent with the great news; they had an offer on the home!!!!!!!!!!! The first people who looked at it that day, took it. We were so happy, but are also sad. My girls have only known their grandparents in that home. That is where they come to play games in the game room, where they swam all day long, where they chased the cat around the home. So many memories fell between the walls of that home. I will surely miss it, but am so happy that they finally sold it so they can get property and better yet, build a runway on it!
Time to relax, you deserve it babe.
My mini me

Four Generations

Boys only! (Mitchell, my nephew, my brother in law and father in law)

The whole Couch gang.
Our trip would not be complete if we did not make it to my friends Kelly and Eric. They happen to live on the way home so it is very convenient. I have known Kelly since I was in the 4th grade and we lived right down the road from each other. I was able to meet her son Tyler who is almost one. How time flies. I sure do miss her but I cherish all of the fun memories that we have shared together.
I am either really short, or Kelly is really tall. Ha Ha. I used to call her Jolly Giant and she called me Sweet Pea.

Lindsay and Tyler
In all we had a very successful and fun trip. We did a lot of hard work but in the end, it was all worth it!

3 comments:
Thanks for everything, we really do appreciate it. all of the doors are on the cabinets, we still have the 2 drawers to do and put another coat of lacquer on half of the cabinets and we will be all done.
Without your help we would probably have finished this project at the end of July.
They look terrific!
I'm glad that you made it home safely.
It was fun to see a picture of Kelly and her son.
Fun to read your post on your trip to California! We are headed there this next week with Rob's fam to spend the 4th of July at Pismo! We are soooooo excited! You've inspired me to let my two oldest have boogie boards -- that should be a lot of fun for them. I miss California a lot! That's so great that you guys helped with so many projects on your vacation -- you guys rock! Thanks for sharing a pic of Kelly too -- she looks so much like her mom!
The pictures of the beach were great - I am excited to see that you might actually know what it means to relax on vacation :). You guys did some great things at both parent's house and I know they probably both appreciated it greatly.
Post a Comment